Old Courthouse Museum
This restored, 1890's Richardsonian Romanesque building, constructed of native pink quartzite, is a National Historic Landmark that features an 1893 clock tower, a restored circuit courtroom and law library, and 16 wall murals painted from 1915 to 1917. Opened as a museum in 1974, the building houses permanent and changing exhibits focusing on the natural and cultural histories of the Siouxland region. Home to the Minnehaha County Historical Society, Sioux Valley Genealogical Society Library and The Old Courthouse Museum Store (the museum's gift shop), the museum hosts lectures, workshops, astronomy programs, walking tours, children's programs and traditional music concerts year-round. Free admission; free parking. Open daily. Wheelchair accessible.
Take home a piece of history from the Old Courthouse Museum Store. Featuring hand-crafted gifts, regional history books, and exhibit-related merchandise.