Learn what's new in Sioux Falls to inspire your next article or to spice up your next writing assignment. If you are interested in a Sioux Falls Media Familiarization (FAM) Tour please review our Media Tour Guidelines (below) and fill out the Media Tour Request form.
Media Tour Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in writing about Sioux Falls. Our city offers writers many story angles, with a variety of unique activities amenities and events. Experience Sioux Falls welcomes travel media and often provides assistance with itineraries and expense so that writers can experience the city in order to write about it.
Please review our guidelines for assisting travel writers. Media assistance depends on availability and is handled on a case-by-case basis. All travel writers must receive pre-authorization from Experience Sioux Falls.
Travel writers must provide:
- Completed Travel Media Media FAM Tour Request
- A brief bio and samples of published stories.
- Letter of assignment (if working for a specific publication).
- Name of publications to which you plan to submit articles and their circulation numbers.
- Two editorial references (name, publications, phone numbers)
- Writers must provide at least two business weeks’ notice before their arrival (unless special circumstances arise). Every effort will be made to accommodate your date preferences; however it is not guaranteed.
- Some transportation can be provided if needed, but prior arrangement will be required and is not guaranteed.
- We recommend that working media professionals consider travel Sunday through Thursday as weekends typically have the highest occupancy demand for area accommodations and attractions.
- Experience Sioux Falls is not responsible for expense incurred by anyone traveling with the writer.
- Tear sheets on any subsequent stories in Sioux Falls are to be provided in a timely manner upon publication.
Experience Sioux Falls will provide:
- Press Access: We will work with the writer to develop a customized itinerary of attractions, cultural venues and other points of interest based on your interests and story angles. We will arrange for the writer’s admission to the attractions, activities and events included in the itinerary, and will provide assistance with meals included on the itinerary. A guide from Experience Sioux Falls will accompany journalists during their visit.
- Lodging: We will provide complimentary rooms for up to two nights for writers who have received preauthorization. If the writer has not been preauthorized, then it is up to the individual property to decide if services will be complimentary or at a reduced rate. Accommodations are subject to availability.
- Ground Transportation: Writers are responsible for their own transportation while in Sioux Falls. Rental cars are the responsibility of the writer, but we are happy to supply a list of local rental companies. However, in most cases an Experience Sioux Falls staff member will accompany the writer and can provide transportation to locations and amenities identified on the official itinerary.
For questions or more information, contact our office or give us a call at 605.275.6060.